This is the Jordan River. It's not exactly what it used to be in it's former glory, (due to Israel jacking the water upstream) but it is still a sight to see.
Here is a little pick with some of the local vegetation.
So this is the spot where it is believed that Christ was baptized. They know this from archeological digs and from passed down history. There is a mosaic map from 700 A.D. that has the site near this spot also. You can tell where the water level used to be. It was really an awesome place to visit.
This is the dead sea. Here it's kinda rude to walk around with no shirt unless you are swimming or catching rays, hence a wife beater for walking around in. It's hard to see all the salt water built up on the rocks, but it was crazy!!
I am definitely not a floater. I never have been, but I had absolutely no problem in the Dead Sea. It was awesome.
Here I'm doing my best whale impression. At one point I tried to swim towards the bottom......It was a massive FAIL. plus saltwater in the eyes burned like crazy. p.s Dead Sea is 10x saltier than ocean, and yes that spanks the Great Salt Lake saline level.
This is a when in Rome moments for me. It's a mud covering thing, that everyone does when they go to the Dead Sea.
I know it's looks a little dumb, and maybe crazy, but man was my skin soft after my "treatment".
If you didn't know, the Dead Sea is the lowest elevation on land on the planet, notice the - 1262. From Amman to the Dead Sea you drop 4000 feet in a 20 min drive, talk about your ears popping a ton. We'll keep the posts coming, there's still a trip to Petra coming up.









3 comments:
Man that was amazing! Don't show that black picture to the black caucus in congress. They may cut funding to the army! This is such an amazing experience! Lap it up while u r there son.. We really miss you... Have u put on a few lbs? j/k don't worry about that last comment. Love, Mom and Dad.
That is so neat! I loved seeing and reading this! What an adventure. That pic of you painted in the mud reminds me of you when you were 4. That is EXACTLY how you stood/posed in so many pics. Haha! Keep the photos and educational bits coming!
WOW! Over the top cool! Thanks for sharing the pictures. What an amazing opportunity to be there. Glad you are home safe. We loved hangin' with your cute fam while they were here.
Post a Comment