Friday, June 3, 2011

Welcome to Georgia!!

We made it!!



After 3 days and 3 hours of driving, the kids, my sister and I made it safely to Georgia. It was a long, but beautiful drive (for the most part). I could NOT have done it without my sister Florence. She kept the kids busy and happy. Thank you Flo!!


This is our house. We're not completely unpacked so pictures of the inside will be for a later date.


Georgia is hot and humid. It is full of animals and to my horror BUGS. Max and Elizabeth love chasing the squirrels in the backyard, holding the turtle Neils found and seeing the frogs that have come out after a storm. 


We've taken a few breaks from moving in to check out the beach. It's about 45 minutes away, which can be a long drive. Max takes a nap (since he doesn't want to take one anymore although he still needs them),


And Elizabeth eats (notice the dirty carseat) and whines.


But once there, everyone is as happy as can be!





 Since the water is warm, we actually swim. Elizabeth LOVES the waves and is fearless. She doesn't want to be held and she refuses to even hold anyone's hand. It's a little scary!




Relaxing!


Snacking.

It's been great being back together!!! We'll post more soon... 

9 comments:

Tara said...

Yay for posting! That house is gorgeous!!! Congrats! I hope you are loving it! This made me miss the south, I actually like the humidity. We found two turtles while we were there as well. One in the street and a smaller one at the park. So much fun! The bugs I do not miss, glad I don't have to carry bug spray in my purse anymore! Hope you haven't had any encounters with chiggers! Horrible!

The kids look really happy and cute. Everyone's just growing up too fast. I'm really happy for you guys! Miss you! Maybe we can come visit sometime...looks like ya'll have the room. :)

P.S.Are you going to start saying ya'll? It really is convienient.

Eliza said...

Oh man we miss you guys! Colby asks to go to Max' and I don't think he really understands how far away that is now. But it looks like you are settling in nicely. Your house is super cute and it looks like you're all (or should I say y'all) are having a good time. :)

Aliece said...

It looks so beautiful! Oh how I miss Atlantic beaches! The southeast coast is the best!!! My kids loved the waves too! Noah was on the beach at one week old. :) Hope you are settling in, we miss you guys!

Grannie Wright said...

I can't believe that I didn't leave you a comment before. Must've been having difficulty with the whole computer thing. Well the house is darling. Max cracks me up on the beach sooo big! Keep on eye on that Elizabeth. That makes me a little nervous. Love Neils' farmer tan! Sure miss you guys......Love you!

Grannie Wright said...

I can't believe that I didn't leave you a comment before. Must've been having difficulty with the whole computer thing. Well the house is darling. Max cracks me up on the beach sooo big! Keep on eye on that Elizabeth. That makes me a little nervous. Love Neils' farmer tan! Sure miss you guys......Love you!

Grannie Wright said...

I can't believe that I didn't leave you a comment before. Must've been having difficulty with the whole computer thing. Well the house is darling. Max cracks me up on the beach sooo big! Keep on eye on that Elizabeth. That makes me a little nervous. Love Neils' farmer tan! Sure miss you guys......Love you!

Grannie Wright said...

I can't believe that I didn't leave you a comment before. Must've been having difficulty with the whole computer thing. Well the house is darling. Max cracks me up on the beach sooo big! Keep on eye on that Elizabeth. That makes me a little nervous. Love Neils' farmer tan! Sure miss you guys......Love you!

Grannie Wright said...

I can't believe that I didn't leave you a comment before. Must've been having difficulty with the whole computer thing. Well the house is darling. Max cracks me up on the beach sooo big! Keep on eye on that Elizabeth. That makes me a little nervous. Love Neils' farmer tan! Sure miss you guys......Love you!

Grannie Wright said...

I made up for it. The thing kept on saying that the letters didn't match. So I just kept on trying. It left you 4 comments. whoo hooo!